Your smile can say a lot about you. But if your smile is less than perfect – maybe you have teeth that are discolored, chipped, crooked, misshapen or missing – then you may not feel very confident. An imperfect smile can have an impact on the social and professional aspects of your life. But cosmetic dentistry can help improve the appearance of your teeth – and ultimately, your smile – so you’ll look and feel your best.
At Danville Family Dentistry (located in Hendricks County), we offer the latest cosmetic dentistry treatments to help enhance your smile quickly and painlessly at a variety of costs. Some cosmetic dental treatments we offer are:
- Composite resin bonding. During this procedure a tooth-colored composite resin or plastic is applied to your tooth. The composite resin can be used to change the size, shape and alignment of your tooth, improve the color of your teeth and to fill in gaps between the teeth.
- Teeth whitening. If you want to lighten or brighten the color of your teeth, Dr. Jon Erickson may recommend teeth whitening at our Hendricks County office. First, Dr. Erickson will apply a protective gel to your gums or use a rubber shield to protect your gums. Next, he will apply a bleaching agent containing hydrogen peroxide to your teeth. This gel will need to remain on your teeth for 15 to 30 minutes. Sometimes, a special bright light may be used to enhance the bleaching process.
- Porcelain veneers. If you need to repair stained, chipped, decayed or crooked teeth, porcelain veneers may be an option. Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain that are custom designed to cover the front surface of your tooth. Since a small amount of enamel must be removed from your tooth to accommodate the shell, this treatment is irreversible.
- Dental implants. If you need to replace a missing tooth, but don’t want to wear dentures that are uncomfortable or remove any tooth structure for a bridge, you may want to consider getting a dental implant. Constructed with titanium and other materials, dental implants are posts that are surgically placed into your upper or lower jaw. They function as an anchor for a dental crown which will act as your new tooth.
Some benefits you may experience after the completion of your cosmetic dentistry procedure include:
- A better bite so you can eat properly.
- Improved self-confidence, so you can project a more professional image.
- A more youthful, attractive appearance.
- Enhanced overall well-being.
If you want a smile that looks great, functions better and is healthier, call our Hendricks County office at 317-745-4400 to schedule an appointment. Dr. Erickson will assess the current condition of your teeth and make recommendations on the right cosmetic dentistry solution for you so you can get the result you desire.