As we age, maintaining good oral health becomes more important, since dental issues can increase or worsen. However, many older Americans lose their dental insurance when they retire, and they simply may not be able to afford private dental insurance. At Danville Family Dentistry, we encourage Hendricks County seniors to continue to take care of their teeth and promote maintaining good dental care in the elderly through our Smile Savings Plan.
Unfortunately, as you get older, your risk for oral health problems increases. Some oral health issues seniors may experience include:
- Gum disease. Often caused by poor dental care, the use of tobacco products, poor diets, ill-fitting bridges and dentures, or certain diseases like diabetes and cancer.
- Tooth loss. About 25% of adults 60 years old and older no longer have any natural teeth. Tooth loss is often due to gum disease.
- Darkened teeth. As you age, changes can occur in the dentin of your teeth, causing them to become darker. Also, foods and beverages can stain your teeth over your lifetime.
- Dry mouth. Reduced salivary flow can occur due to certain diseases, medications and cancer treatments that use radiation to the head and neck.
- Diminished sense of taste. Advancing age, certain diseases, medications or dentures can cause you to lose your sense of taste.
Smile Savings Plan for Good Dental Care in the Elderly
The staff at Danville Family Dentistry thinks that good dental care for the elderly of Hendricks County is important. That’s why we offer our Smile Savings Plan. With this plan, you pay an annual fee in place of dental insurance. For only $275 a year, you can get 2 professional dental cleanings, 2 professional oral evaluations and regularly scheduled X-rays done at our office.
Dr. Jon Erickson can provide treatment recommendations if you suffer from any oral health issues caused by age. Members of the Smile Savings Plan will receive 15% off of additional dental procedures should you need them.
Not only is maintaining good dental care in the elderly important for your oral health, but it’s good for your overall health as well. So don’t neglect your teeth and gums. Contact our Hendricks County office today at 317-745-4400 to learn more about our Smile Savings Plan.