Good oral hygiene is important. Not only will it give you a better-looking smile, but it’ll keep your teeth and gums healthier. In addition to brushing your teeth and flossing daily, you should visit Danville Family Dentistry twice a year, or every six months, for a professional teeth cleaning.
During a dental cleaning, the dentist or dental hygienist will assess your oral health. X-rays will be taken of your teeth to see if you have any cavities, abscesses or other problems. The hygienist will remove any plaque and tarter build up on your teeth using special dental tools. Next, the hygienist will polish your teeth and floss them. Your dentist then will talk with you about any dental issues you may have and recommend additional treatment.
Biannual Teeth Cleaning Offers Several Benefits
Consistent teeth cleanings at Danville Family Dentistry can provide you with numerous benefits, such as:
- Good Oral Health. Your dentist and dental hygienist will look at your teeth and mouth, and compare your oral health with previous checkups. If they notice areas in which you can improve, they will make recommendations to keep you on the right path to better oral health.
- Early Detection of Dental Problems. Regular checkups can help your dentist and hygienist find dental problems before they become more serious. These problems may include cavities, broken fillings or gum disease. By detecting and treating these issues early, you may be able to prevent more invasive treatments like root canals, teeth removal or gum surgery.
- Good Physical Health. According to studies, poor oral hygiene can lead to heart disease, stroke, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease. But consistent dental cleanings can reduce your risk of getting these diseases.
- Intact Teeth. Gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in adults. However, regular dental checkups and cleanings can keep your teeth and gums healthy, preventing gum disease.
- A Bright, White Smile. Tobacco, coffee, tea, wine, soda and certain medications can stain your teeth. But tooth polishing, in addition to teeth cleaning, can remove these stains. So you’ll have a whiter, brighter smile!
- Bad Breath Prevention. Poor oral hygiene can cause persistent bad breath. But regular teeth cleanings can help keep your breath fresher.
Routine dental cleanings are essential for healthy teeth, a better smile and overall good health. So get into the habit of having your teeth professionally cleaned by calling Danville Family Dentistry today and scheduling your checkup and cleaning.